Questions To Ask a Buyers Agent Before You Hire Them
Unfortunately I hear from so many home buyers the horror stories of previous real estate transactions. When I ask my clients what questions they asked the agent that determined he or she was the right fit, I hear the same thing nearly every time. NONE! Being prepared with the right questions not only serves you with valuable data with which to make an informed decision about acquiring the right agent for your next home purchase, it also keeps the one you do end up hiring on their toes. It shows them that you are paying attention and sets the expectations you have of them at the level they should be. Don’t be afraid to get what you want. Buying a home is a large purchase and an important investment – putting a real estate transaction in the hands of someone not qualified or lacking in motivation could be a lethal mistake.
- Do you work as a full-time Realtor®? Do you have an Accredited Buyers Representative designation?
- What can you tell me about the real estate market in this area?
- How many buyers have you successfully helped purchase in the last 12 months?
- Will you prepare an informative price analysis for my potential property purchase? May I see a sample?
- Do you have a Team to help with the details, or are you a one man / woman wonder show & do it all yourself?
- Do you have a Specific Home Hunting System designed to locate a great property that exactly matches my home criteria. How does it go beyond a normal search in the Multiple Listing Service?
- May I see a copy of your last sale as it appears to other Realtors on the MLS as a sold? (Called a “Realtors Full Report”)
- Do you have references that I may call?
- Do you have a 5 Star rating with reviews on Social media like Trulia, Yelp, Zillor, Realtor.com, FaceBook?
- What happens if I am not happy with your service? Can I cancel my Buyers agent contract if I am not satisfied or am I locked in?
- Do you have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy?
- What If I do not like my home after living there for 18 months, do you have a buy back guarantee?
- What guarantee do I have that if I hire you as my agent that you will actually save me money on my home purchase?
- On an average what is the percentage of dollars you save your purchasers?
- Do you have an Honest Promise or Communication guarantee?